We currently have NO REPORTED CASES of Covid-19 however, you may be aware that the number of registered cases of Covid-19 are on the increase in the BCP area. We have been monitoring this with the Local Authority and Public Health England (please see attached heat map). It is therefore essential that you continue to encourage your child to complete their home test kits on Mondays and Thursdays. Reporting the result to the NHS and the school APPTAVI portal means that we can keep our school community safe.
We are currently updating our risk assessments and health and safety protocols in light of upcoming government announcements, to ensure that we are ready for any possible impact the new variant may cause. We would like to draw your attention to the possibility that on-site provision may be affected if staff and pupils are required to isolate due to close contact, or a positive case is registered.
Below is a reminder of the NHS guidance regarding symptoms and actions and ask that you DO NOT send your child to school if they are exhibiting any of these symptoms. Please follow the guidance from the NHS and Public Health England as required.
The main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19) are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with symptoms have at least 1 of these.
About 1 in 3 people with COVID-19 do not have symptoms but can still infect others. This is why everyone is advised to get tested regularly.
If you have any of the main symptoms of COVID-19:
- Get a PCR test (test that is sent to a lab) to check if you have COVID-19 as soon as possible.
- You and anyone you live with should stay at home and not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone in your childcare or support bubble should also stay at home if you have been in close contact with them since your symptoms started or during the 48 hours before they started.
Should you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact the Centre on 01202 471410.