The ‘Pupil Premium’ is additional school funding for disadvantaged children. It is paid directly to your child’s school to improve the quality of their education.
Your child’s school may be entitled to pupil premium funding if you receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income Based Job Seekers Allowance
- Child Tax Credit Only (with income up to £16,190) with no element of Working Tax Credit
- National Asylum Seekers Support
- Guarantee Element of the State Pension Credit
- Employment and Support Allowance (income related)
- Universal Credit (income dependant)
As a PRU, Pupil Premium for permanently excluded pupils is transferred to the Centre by the Local Authority after a pupil has left their school.
For those pupils remaining on roll with their mainstream school, we request this funding is transferred to the Centre for the duration of their time with us.
For the year 2019-20 we received £11.863 of funding. Once received, we used this to support pupils with individualised intervention such as;
- Access to free school meals
- Anger Management sessions
- Emotional resilience sessions
- Outreach Worker and councillor
For the year 2020-21, we estimate to receive approximately £15,151 of funding, which will continue to support the intervention from the previous year. We are also looking to fund external support from the Alternative Provision Framework in relation to mentoring and therapy based support.